Our WIN Discipleship Process
The principles of The WIN Discipleship Process are fully based on the biblical ministry model of Jesus and His apostles as recorded in the Gospels, Acts, and the rest of the New Testament. It is our responsibility to accomplish what Jesus tasked us to do as a church.
“I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”(Matthew 28:18-20)
Fundamentally, The WIN Discipleship Process is about TRANSFORMING lives not INFORMING minds. Our focus is not on information or knowledge, although we have modules and lessons alongside it, but more on the transformation of character. We know by experience that knowledge of the Bible does not guarantee spiritual maturity and life change. It is easy to miss the real instruction of Jesus when He said; “Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you.” So, it is not merely teaching for the sake of teaching, but teaching them TO OBEY. The objective is the application. The desired discipleship outcome is OBEDIENCE, not KNOWLEDGE. Thus, our aim in The WIN Discipleship Process is to produce obedient, spiritually matured and transformed leaders who will lead like Jesus, not just in the context of the church, but even outside their ministry.
In short, THIS IS HOW WE MAKE DISCIPLES IN WIN. The following FIVE STAGES will explain not only the HOW but also the WHAT and WHY we are doing this process.
The WIN Discipleship Process is the simple and clearly defined stages of how a person moves from a saving to a maturing relationship with God through Christ.
The definition can be broken down into KEYWORDS to allow better understanding of what The WIN Discipleship Process is all about.
• DISCIPLESHIP - This is the overarching calling of every believer and every church. It is neither a program nor a department; neither a class nor a lesson to complete. It is the life we are called to live when we believe in Jesus. Discipleship covers everything we do as a believer and as a church - from reaching out to other people and our friends (evangelism) to investing in their lives by helping them grow spiritually in their faith.
• PROCESS - Discipleship is a process. It is not a one-time event or an overnight experience. It is a series of growing steps and stages toward Christlikeness. It is an on- going process of spiritual development and growth in life.
• SIMPLE - The process of discipleship is simple. It should not be complicated. Our diagrams, illustrations and explanations are simple and easy to follow, so that everyone in the church will be able to understand and grasp it.
• CLEARLY DEFINED - The process of discipleship must be clearly defined so that it can be clearly communicated. We can not assume that everyone understands it. The process must be constantly explained and taught at all levels.
• STAGES - The process of discipleship has stages and levels. It is sequential and progressive. The starting point in the cycle must be clear cut.
• MOVES - The process of discipleship is about moving people through the progressive stages. Our congregation will be able to measure where they are in the cycle, and also see where they should be going in their maturity level.
• SAVING TO MATURING - The process of discipleship begins from seeking to believing to building lives. Spiritual maturity or Christlikeness is the end goal.
• RELATIONSHIP - The process of discipleship is ultimately about our personal relationships with God through Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour. It may be a personal faith but it is not supposed to be private. That is why, we are called to connect people to God and lead them through the same process of discipleship.